More than 600 students at Lincolnshire and Maugansville elementary schools created posters with drug-free messages to celebrate National Red Ribbon Week, a drug awareness campaign from Oct. 23 to 31.
The local contest was sponsored by Washington County Health Department's Prevention Services and the Washington County Coalition to Prevent Underage Drinking.
The winners included:
Maugansville Elementary School
- First place - Shelly Trumpower, grade 4
- Second place - Connor Hill, grade 4
- Third place - Brianna Boger, grade 4
- Honorable mention - Jessica Wivell, grade 5, and Emily Folk, grade 3
Lincolnshire Elementary School
- First place - Hunter Maloy, grade 4
- Second place - Tristen Sagal, grade 5
- Third place - Evan Torres, grade 3
Lincolnshire Elementary 2005 Red Ribbon Week poster contest winners include, Ji Cha, honorable mention; Evan Torres, third place; Tristen Sagal, second place; and Hunter Maloy, first place.