11. The Zahir: A Novel of Obsession by Paulo Coelho (HarperCollins)
12. On Beauty by Zadie Smith (Penguin Press)
1. Bait and Switch: The (Futile) Pursuit of the American Dream by Barbara Ehrenreich (Metropolitan Books)
2. The Search: How Google and Its Rivals Rewrote the Rules of Business and Transformed Our Culture by John Batelle (Portfolio)
3. Between Worlds: The Making of a Political Life by Bill Richardson (Putnam)
4. It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl's Break-Up Buddy by Greg Behrendt (Broadway Books)
5. Lovesick Blues: The Life of Hank Williams by Paul Hemphill (Viking Books)
6. The Winning Spirit: 16 Timeless Principles That Drive Performance Excellence by Joe Montana (Random House)
7. Melville: His Life and Work by Andrew Delbanco (Alfred A. Knopf)
8. Talking Back: To Presidents, Dictators, And Assorted Scoundrels by Andrea Mitchell (Viking Books)
9. My Detachment: A Memoir by Tracy Kidder (Random House)
10. It's Not Easy Being Green: And Other Things to Consider by Jim Henson (Hyperion Books)
11. A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking (Bantam Books)
12. Imperial Grunts: The American Military on the Ground by Robert D. Kaplan (Random House)
BookShare's Notable New Hardcover Fiction and Nonfiction Lists are based on critical reviews from professional publications such as Publishers Weekly and Kirkus Reviews and initial print runs reported by Ingram Book Group.
If you read one of the above titles, BookShare would like to hear from you! To share your comments, visit BookShare's new website at http://www.washcolibrary.org/bookshare.aspx.