Police have asked anyone with information about the family to call Detective Patricia Moulton at 301-790-3700, ext. 281.
Five charged in prostitution sting
Five men were arrested and charged with solicitation for the purpose of prostitution Tuesday morning during a three-hour undercover police sting in downtown Hagerstown, the Hagerstown Police Department said in a news release.
Those charged were:
- Dave Bernard McIntyre, 58, of 111 Race St. in Martinsburg, W.Va.
- Harold Lee Knotts Jr., 44, of 1116 Beechwood Drive in Hagerstown.
- Louis Wesner Connell, 61, of 645 Rockview Ave. in Chambersburg, Pa.
- Christian Lutai, 27, of 20116 Leitersburg Pike north of Hagerstown.
- Steven Blaine Walsh, 34, of 12823 Spickler Road in Clear Spring.
Police said the sting was held between 12:30 and 3:30 a.m. today.
Four face charges following traffic stop
Four Massachusetts residents were charged with drug-related offenses Monday after police allegedly found marijuana, psychedelic mushrooms, LSD and scales in the car in which they were riding when pulled over for seat belt violations, according to a Maryland State Police news release.
Laurel Massey, 18, of Gloucester, Mass.; Colin Brand, 19, of Roxbury, Mass.; Paul Skinner, 20, of Roxbury, Mass.; and Peter Confalone Jr., 19, of Lynnfield, Mass., each were charged with various drug offenses, including drug possession with the intent to distribute, police said.
At 1:37 p.m. Monday, the 1991 Oldsmobile in which they were riding was pulled over by police on northbound Interstate 81 near Maugansville Road after police allegedly saw seat belt violations, according to the release.
The trooper smelled marijuana coming from the car, prompting a search of the vehicle, police said. A large quantity of marijuana, psychedelic mushrooms, OxyContin, LSD, digital scales, packaging materials and drug paraphernalia were found, police said. Money and the car were confiscated, according to the release.
Massey and Brand were being held on $5,000 bond Tuesday at the Washington County Detention Center, a jail spokeswoman said. Skinner was being held at the jail on $40,000 bond, she said.
Confalone was released on personal recognizance, according to the release.
Hagerstown police respond to calls
Hagerstown Police responded to the following calls Thursday through Sunday:
- 7:05 p.m., theft of wallet, 15 N. Mulberry St.
- 6:35 p.m., front of 539 Salem Ave., damage to motor vehicle, tire slashed
- 4:30 p.m., downtown area, juvenile arrested after riding on sidewalks
- 3:33 p.m., Elgin Park, assault
- 2:45 p.m., Burhans Boulevard at Virginia Avenue, confiscated knife
- 1:47 p.m., 66 W. Church St., assault. Steven Bernard Freeman, 34, was charged with second-degree assault and disorderly conduct.
- 10:16 p.m., 58 S. Potomac St., theft
- 6:35 p.m., 100 block of North Burhans Boulevard, drug arrest. Christopher Lynn Hawkins, 25, was charged with distribution of cocaine and other drug counts.
- 9:57 p.m., 625 W. Washington St., found bike
- 4:02 p.m., 449 Salem Ave., stolen/recovered/damaged moped
- 7:25 p.m., 945 Maryland Ave., graffiti
- 10:32 p.m., 1000 block of Security Road, assault
- 8:35 p.m., 1044A Noland Drive, assault (juveniles)
- 9:30 a.m., downtown area, juvenile arrested after riding on sidewalks
- 12:21 a.m., 400 block of Belview Avenue, drug arrest. Mathew Jerome Armstrong, 19, charged with possession of marijuana and paraphernalia.
- 10:44 a.m., 41 East Ave., apt. 1, theft
- 10:55 p.m., 62 Randolph Ave., drug arrest. Irvin Edmond Ezekiel, 44, was charged with trespass, possession of marijuana and paraphernalia.
- 5:20 p.m., 40 Summit Ave., drug arrest. Robert Kenneth Humphrey, 22, was charged with possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. Darrell William Deubel, 24, was charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana, possession of marijuana and paraphernalia.
- 6:44 p.m., 26 S. Locust St., injured person
- 6:26 a.m., 152 N. Burhans Blvd., theft
- 12:22 p.m., 24 East Ave., theft of bike
- 9:48 p.m., 600 block of Hayes Avenue, theft of bike
- 6:47 p.m., West Baltimore Street at South Potomac Street, drug arrest. Christopher Adam Tingen was charged with possession of marijuana, paraphernalia and assorted traffic charges.
- 8:19 p.m., Roy Rogers, theft of bike
- 6:45 p.m., downtown area, juvenile arrested after riding on sidewalks