The following is a list of the 96.5 new positions being called for in the Washington County Board of Education's $176.6 million proposed general fund budget for the fiscal year starting July 1.
The list does not include modifications to current positions such as expanded hours or paying for crossing guards during summer school because a grant expired.
Positions related to enrollment growth:
- 12 elementary teachers, grades 1-5
- an elementary physical education teacher
- an elementary music teacher
- an elementary art teacher
- 16 high school teachers
- an English Language Learning (ELL) teacher
- a Family Center teacher
- a guidance counselor for South Hagerstown High School (new to local budget because grant expires)
- two special education teachers to address increase in elementary students with autism and emotional disturbances
- four special education instructional assistants for expected increase in students with intensive needs
- two special education instructional assistants for students with autism and emotional disturbances
- two bus drivers
- one facility planner
- one high school assistant principal for Hancock Middle-Senior High School.
- three Antietam Academy teachers
Increases related to meeting state and federal standards (No Child Left Behind and Bridge To Excellence acts):