Woman, 19, charged with indecent exposure

February 10, 2005|by CANDICE BOSELY

MARTINSBURG, W.VA. - A Martinsburg woman was charged Wednesday with 10 misdemeanor counts, including indecent exposure, after police allege she fought with a police officer and urinated in a trash can at the Berkeley County Sheriff's Department, according to court records.

Paula Christina Waldron, 19, of 156 Deer Road, was charged with resisting arrest, improper vehicle registration, no insurance, indecent exposure, no driver's license, destruction of property, two counts of obstructing an officer and two counts of no seat belt. She was released on $13,550 bail.

Deputy Terry S. Shetley was working a drug detail at Capital Heights, an apartment complex outside of Martinsburg, Tuesday night when he saw a Honda parked outside of an apartment and then leave a few minutes later, according to records filed in Berkeley County Magistrate Court.


Shetley followed the car, which had four people inside, until it pulled into a nearby driveway. He checked the car's license plate, which came back as being registered for a Chevrolet, records state.

After Shetley pulled in behind the car and approached it, the driver became irate and started shouting at him, Shetley said.

Shetley told the driver that if she did not calm down she would be arrested, but she cursed at him and said he was going to arrest her regardless, records state.

Shetley then tried to place her under arrest but she pulled away and tried to leave, causing the deputy to grab her arms, pick her up and place her on the ground, records state.

A check by police showed that Waldron did not have a driver's license in West Virginia or in any other state, and that the car was not insured, records state. Also, police alleged, neither Waldron nor her front-seat passenger was wearing a seat belt.

At the sheriff's department Waldron yelled and kicked and could not be fingerprinted, police said. She was placed in a processing room, where she pulled her pants down and urinated in a trash can and then kicked the can across the room, police said.

The Herald-Mail Articles