· At 9:30 p.m., a missing juvenile was found in the 900 block of Eldridge Drive and was released to Pennsylvania State Police.
· At 11:47 a.m., a Maryland tag, KNW301, was reported stolen in the 800 block of West Washington Street.
· At 9:01 a.m., a bike was reported stolen and a screen door was reported damaged in the 200 block of Cleveland Avenue.
· At 11:44 a.m., shoplifting was reported from Weis Markets, at 31 Eastern Blvd.
· At 11:04 a.m., a bike was reported found in the 900 block of Summit Avenue.
· At 11:09 a.m., windows were reported broken in the 1300 block of Salem Avenue.
Sheriff's deputies respond to calls
The Washington County Sheriff's Department responded to the following calls on Tuesday, Sgt. Mark Knight said:
· At 7:36 a.m., a 2001 Volvo's rear window was reported broken and items were stolen while it was parked at Holiday Inn Express, at 241 Railway Lane. Sunglasses, a cooler and CDs were stolen. The items were valued at $400.
· At 9 a.m., 60 sheets of plywood were reported stolen from the 20100 block of West Stone Court near Boonsboro. The material was valued at $1,000.
· At 10 a.m., a tool bag with assorted tools was reported stolen from a 2004 Ford Expedition parked at Holiday Inn Express, at 241 Railway Lane. The bag and tools were valued at $600.
· At 10 a.m., a 2003 burgundy Nissan Altima was reported stolen from Hagerstown Ford, at 1714 Massey Boulevard. There was no tag listed for the vehicle.
· At 1:30 p.m., drywall and insulation was reported stolen from the 20300 block of Leitersburg Pike. About $2,500 worth of building material was reported stolen in all.
· At 6:30 p.m., alleged domestic violence was reported in the 100 block of Orchard Drive in Boonsboro. No arrests were made.
· At 9 p.m., alleged domestic violence was reported in the 100 block of Baltimore Street in Funkstown. No arrests were made.
Student faces arson charges
A Smithsburg High School student was charged with arson in connection with a Jan. 21 fire in the school's stairwell, according to a release from the Maryland State Fire Marshal's office.
Fire marshals said the 15-year-old boy was charged with first-degree arson, manufacturing a destructive device, reckless endangerment and second-degree malicious burning in connection with the fire at Smithsburg High School, at 66 N. Main St. in Smithsburg.
A lighted incendiary device found at the bottom of a first-floor stairwell at Smithsburg High School on Jan. 21 caused minimal damage and no injuries, Ed Ernst, an investigator with the Fire Marshal's office has said.
The 3:10 p.m. event didn't result in the evacuation of the school, which was preparing to dismiss, Ernst has said.
At a Washington County juvenile court hearing on Jan. 26, the youth was placed on community detention pending another hearing, according to the release.
Frederick man charged in stabbing
FREDERICK, Md. - A Frederick man was arrested and charged in connection with a stabbing Tuesday, the Frederick Police Department said.
Edwardo Diaz, 18, of 145 Tillman Place, was charged Tuesday with first-degree assault and reckless endangerment and two counts of second-degree assault, according to police.
Police said a man was found at Diaz's residence with stab wounds to his arm and another man had a deep cut on his scalp.
Police allege Santos Juarez Benigo Saqueo was stabbed during at altercation at the house. Police said Diaz sustained the head injuries when his head struck a wall.
Police said both men were treated at Frederick Memorial Hospital.