· Childbirth Education and Related Classes - The Family Birthing Center at Washington County Hospital offers a variety of classes covering early pregnancy, prepared childbirth, baby care and infant CPR. Refresher childbirth classes, sibling and breastfeeding classes are offered throughout the year. Call 301-790-8214.
· Congestive Heart Failure - Washington County Hospital offers a program for individuals with newly diagnosed heart failure or those needing help in managing their illness. Management classes and a telephone-monitoring program are available. Call the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at 301-790-8940.
· CPR - Washington County Hospital offers programs for individuals interested in learning CPR or renewing CPR certification. Classes are offered throughout the year. Call 301-790-8907.
· Diabetes - Washington County Hospital offers an educational program for individuals affected by diabetes, at Robinwood Medical Center, Suite 108. New group begins each month. Call 301-714-4041 for a schedule. Registration is required.
· First Aid Course through the National Safety Council - Washington County Hospital offers a Saturday First Aid course from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. each month. Registration is required and the fee is due prior to class. Call 301-790-8907 for a schedule and to register.
· Osteoporosis Program - An eight-week program with a physician, physical therapist, occupational therapist and registered dietitian. This program addresses exercise instruction, body mechanics, posture, balance, fall prevention, nutrition and education about osteoporosis. Referral from a physician and a T-score indicating osteoporosis is required for entrance into the program. Call Total Rehab Care at 301-714-4025.
· Weight Loss Program - Orientations are scheduled weekly for Washington County Hospital's medically managed Health Management Resources Weight Loss Program at Robinwood Endocrinology. To reserve a seat at one of the upcoming orientations, call 301-714-4041.
· Yoga - Washington County Hospital offers several yoga classes to meet a variety of needs: seniors, prenatal and postpartum, beginners and experienced. Classes are held at Robinwood Medical Center. Call 301-790-8907.