City man faces charges in assault
A Hagerstown man was charged with second-degree assault Tuesday morning after another man was threatened with a knife, Hagerstown Police Sgt. Curtis Wood said.
Scott McKenzie, 20, of Summit Avenue, also was charged with carrying a concealed weapon, Wood said.
The assault was reported in the first block of West Baltimore Street at 12:04 a.m., according to Wood.
Hagerstown police respond to calls
The Hagerstown Police Department responded to the following calls in recent days, according to Sgt. Curtis Wood:
· Two lawn mowers, a tree trimmer, a Stihl chain saw and a hedge trimmer were reported stolen at 10:46 a.m. Monday from the rear of the 900 block of South Potomac Street.
· A gift card was reported stolen at Wal-Mart at 10:08 p.m. Monday.
· A gold 1994 Toyota Corolla with Maryland registration LNH180 was reported stolen from the 100 block of Fairground Avenue at 8:51 a.m. Monday.
· A light pole at West Baltimore and Hood streets was reported damaged at 10:32 p.m. Sunday.
· A domestic violence incident was reported in the 100 block of East Avenue at 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
· An assault and destruction of property were reported in the 200 block of South Potomac Street at 5:29 p.m. Sunday.
Local boy, 15, reported missing
A 15-year-old boy who ran away from home Nov. 3 was still missing Tuesday morning, according to the Washington County Sheriff's Department.
Bradley Scott Jump ran away from the 16300 block of Kaiser Court west of Hagerstown at approximately 10 a.m. on Nov. 3, according to a Dec. 6 police news release.
He was last seen at approximately 3:30 p.m. on Nov. 3 on his bike at Resh and Mount Tabor roads, police said.
Jump is 5 foot 9 inches tall, weighs 150 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes, police said.
He was wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt with flames on the sleeves, black sneakers with white shoelaces and baggy blue jeans with a black belt, police said.
Jump was reported missing on at least three dates since he ran away with the latest report coming Dec. 3, Sgt. Mark Knight said Tuesday morning.
Charges dropped against two area men
Eight charges, including all felony counts, against two men charged in a reported kidnapping in October have been withdrawn, a Washington County Sheriff's Department investigator said.
Investigator Greg Alton said charges against Thomas W. Pace, of 135 Tillman Place in Frederick, Md., and Lee E. Stine III, of 16960 Taylors Landing Road, north of Sharpsburg, were withdrawn. Pace and Stine had been charged with kidnapping, false imprisonment, second-degree assault and theft less than $500 based on allegations made by Valerie Bickerstaff, of Frederick, on Oct. 26.
Alton said there was not enough evidence to proceed with the case against the two men.
"There were some discrepancies in her statement," he said.
Alton said the case has been closed, and that no charges were filed against Bickerstaff in connection with the incident.
Man faces assault, attempted rape charge
FREDERICK, Md. - A Frederick man has been charged in connection with a barricade incident Friday, according to the Frederick Police Department.
Michael S. Grubbs, 25, of the 600 block of North Market Street, is charged with first- and second-degree assault, attempted first-degree rape, attempted second-degree rape, carrying a deadly weapon with intent to injure and false imprisonment, police said.
Police allege Grubbs grabbed a woman from behind as she attempted to leave his home, held a knife to her face and threw her down. Police allege Grubbs made threatening statements to her and physically restrained her.
Police said the woman was able to escape a short time later.
Police allege Grubbs initially refused to leave the residence after officers arrived. He was taken into custody after extensive negotiations, according to police.