· Listen to the tales of the holiday season with Mrs. Claus at Valley Mall in Hagers-town from 9:45 to 10 a.m. Saturdays, Nov. 27, Dec. 4, Dec. 11 and Dec. 18. Children at story time will receive a free gift and one child will receive a free 5-inch-by-7-inch photograph with Santa and Mrs. Claus.
· German Christmas at the Jonathan Hager House and Museum in Hagerstown's City Park will feature German Christmas customs and traditions in a holiday-decorated atmosphere from Tuesday, Nov. 30, through Sunday, Jan. 2. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, and 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday. Admission charge. Call 301-739-8393.
· Festival of Trees at Robinwood Medical Center in Hagerstown will include dozens of decorated trees, entertainment, dances, workshops and children's activities from Wednesday, Dec. 1, through Sunday, Dec. 5. Times vary. Admission charge for some events. Call 301-790-8631 or go to www.festivaloftreesinhagerstown.com on the Web.
· Comedy and fiddle playing will highlight Ozark Jubilee Christmas at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 2 at The Maryland Theatre, 21. S. Potomac St. in Hagerstown. Admission charge. Call 301-790-2000 or go to www.mdtheatre.org on the Web.
· A holiday celebration at Hagerstown City Farmers Market, 21 W. Church St., from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. will include a booth decorating contest, winter petting zoo and jewelry-making demonstration.
· The Platters, Coasters and Marvelettes will entertain ticket holders at The Maryland Theatre's Christmas Doowop Spectacular at 3 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4. Admission charge. The Maryland Theatre. Call 301-790-2000 or go to www.mdtheatre.org on the Web.
· More than 23,000 luminarias - one for each casualty of the Battle of Antietam - will illuminate a 6-mile driving tour of the battlefield in Sharpsburg during the 16th annual Memorial Illumination Ceremony from 6 p.m. to midnight Saturday, Dec. 4. Free, but donations accepted. Call 301-432-5124.
· The historic Miller House at 135 W. Washington St. in Hagerstown will be decked out for the holidays during the White Christmas at Miller House exhibit starting Wednesday, Dec. 8. Hours are 1 to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday. Admission charge. Call 301-797-8782.
· Santa, a Victorian dollhouse raffle drawing, holiday exhibit and refreshments will be part of the Old Fashioned Christmas Celebration from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 11, at the Washington County Rural Heritage Museum, 7313 Sharpsburg Pike, south of Hagerstown. Free. Call 240-313-2839.
· Hagerstown Choral Arts will present its 12th annual holiday concert, Christmas with Hagerstown Choral Arts, at 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 11, at Trinity Lutheran Church, 15 Randolph Ave. in Hagerstown. Admission charge. Call 301-665-9424.
· The St. Patrick's Chorale Christmas Concert, The Colors of Christmas, will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 12, at Christ's Reformed Church, 130 W. Franklin St. in Hagers-town. Free. Call 301-790-0114.
· The Skyline City Band, with the music of Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey and others, will showcase "Songs that Won the War" during the Big Band Christmas Spectacular at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 14, at The Maryland Theatre. Admission charge. Call 301-790-2000 or go to www.mdtheatre.org on the Web.
· Children ages 12 and younger can enjoy punch and goodies with Santa, and have their photos taken with St. Nick, during the Children's Party with Santa at Hagers-town City Farmers Market from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 18.
· Special Holiday Market at Hagerstown City Farmers Market from noon to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 22.
In Frederick County, Md.:
· Conductor Judy DuBose will lead the Frederick Chamber Singers and others during Messiah Sing-Along at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 22, at the Weinberg Center for the Arts, 20 W. Patrick St. in Frederick. Admission charge. Call 1-301-228-2828 or go to www.weinbergcenter.org on the Web.