Sheriff's deputies respond to calls
The Washington County Sheriff's Department responded to the following calls on Tuesday, said Sgt. Mark Knight.
· At 5:30 p.m., a tire was reported slashed on a 1989 Chevrolet Camaro parked in front of J.C. Penney Co. Inc. at Valley Mall. The tire was valued at $150.
· At 6 p.m., a walnut was reported thrown through a glass pane of a door at a home in the 13800 block of Village Mill Drive in Maugansville. The loss was valued at $100.
· At 9 p.m., a green Acura Integra was reported keyed while it was parked at McDonald's in Williamsport. The damage wasn't listed.
· At 9:30 a.m., 20 cases of candy, snack crackers and chips were reported stolen from a truck parked at Covenco Inc., at 16501 Business Parkway. The items stolen were valued at $600.
· At 10 a.m., a garden tractor with bagger attachment, valued at $2,500, was reported stolen from Carlyle & Martin Inc., at 18138 Maugans Ave.
· At noon, domestic violence was reported in the 200 block of Maplehurst Avenue in Williamsport. No arrests were made.
· At 1 p.m., domestic violence was reported in the 17000 block of Burwood Court in the Halfway area. No arrests were made.
Cigarettes, laundry detergent stolen
Food Lion on College Road was robbed of a large quantity of Marlboro cigarettes and about 20 large containers of Tide liquid detergent Tuesday morning, Maryland State Police said in a news release.
Phone lines at the store were cut and entrance into the store was gained by a burglar or burglars who forced the front door open, police said.
Police ask anyone with information on the incident to call them at 301-791-4686 or call Crime Solvers at 301-733-4141.
City police seek woman
The Hagerstown Police Department is seeking the public's help in finding a woman wanted for violating probation on original charges of forgery and theft, Lt. Richard Johnson said in a news release.
Cynthia Michelle Linn, 28, whose last known address was 809C W. Washington St. in Hagerstown, is charged in a Washington County Circuit bench warrant issued July 7 with violation of probation, Johnson said.
The whereabouts of Linn, who police describe as a white woman with brown hair and brown eyes, about 116 pounds and 5 feet 8 inches tall, are unknown, Johnson said.
Police ask anyone who has information on Linn's whereabouts to call the Hagerstown Police Department at 301-790-3700 ext. 234 or call Washington County Crime Solvers at 301-733-4141.
Knife-wielding man robs dollar store
On Tuesday night, the Hagerstown Police Department were investigating the armed robbery of a Family Dollar store, Sgt. George Knight said.
At 6:34 p.m. Tuesday, a white man entered the store at 1051 Maryland Ave. and appeared to do some shopping, Knight said.
But when the man walked up to the cash register, he grabbed a clerk by the throat and forced her against the wall, Knight said.
The clerk broke away from the man but he then pulled out a knife, Knight said.
The man grabbed a second clerk and forced her to open a cash register and give him an undetermined amount of money, Knight said.
The suspect was a white male, about 5 feet 7 inches tall, Knight said.
He was last seen wearing a red "sweatshirt-style jacket with a hood" and gray or khaki pants, Knight said.
Police investigating church vandalism
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. - Borough police are investigating vandalism to a church kitchen Friday that disrupted Meals on Wheels service.
Police said an officer on foot patrol at about 5 p.m. saw a door open at First Lutheran Church, 43 W. Washington St. When the officer entered the building, he saw food products, most of which belonged to the Meals on Wheels program, thrown about the kitchen area.
The officer also found several children and an adult Hispanic woman attempting to clean up the kitchen, police said.
The investigation into the incident is ongoing, police said Tuesday.