Advertisement

Office evacuated by smoke

August 17, 2004

WILLIAMSPORT - Approximately a dozen people were evacuated Monday morning from CertainTeed Corp.'s office on Governor Lane Boulevard because of smoke in the computer room, a Williamsport firefighter said.

The smoke came from an air-handling unit that malfunctioned shortly before 10 a.m., said Scott Bragunier of the Williamsport Volunteer Fire Department.

The employees were allowed to return to work almost an hour later, he said. The operations area was not evacuated, he said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|