Fire damaged an apartment near Williamsport where a new resident spent part of Monday moving in her belongings, most of which were damaged beyond repair in the blaze.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital, a Williamsport fire official said.
The fire was reported at an apartment at 9602 Grafton Lane Monday shortly before 7 p.m., said Williamsport Volunteer Fire Department Chief Will Ball. About 60 firefighters were on hand to fight the blaze that gutted the living room, kitchen and entrance of the apartment, and caused severe heat and smoke damage on the second floor, Ball said.
One firefighter, John Wilson of the Volunteer Fire Co. of Halfway, was taken to Washington County Hospital for treatment of heat exhaustion, Ball said.