Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: HeraldMail HomeCollectionsPets

Poisoned poodle dies, owner says

July 08, 2004

Charlie, a poodle that was poisoned in late June, died Tuesday, his owner, Eric Rosenthal, said Tuesday.

Rosenthal, 39, who lives on Ayoub Lane in the Black Rock Estates neighborhood east of Hagerstown, said that Charlie, an 18-month-old poodle, ate animal fat that was dipped in anti-freeze on June 28. He said the tainted animal fat was found in his yard near his fence.

His other dog, Nikki, a 2-year-old mixed collie, also was poisoned by anti-freeze last week when she inspected the spot where Charlie had been.

"Nikki is doing fine, she's just really depressed," Rosenthal's wife, Shawn Rosenthal, said Wednesday.

Rosenthal said that over the weekend his family went to visit Charlie at the New York City animal hospital where he had been taken. But the poodle "took a turn for the worse" Tuesday, he said.

Advertisement

Shawn Rosenthal said that the family is still offering a $5,000 reward to anyone with information on who might have placed the tainted animal fat in their back yard.

Pamphlets of warning passed out to their neighbors warn, "Somebody is poisoning pets in the community."

Eric Rosenthal has said he is concerned about "people who have pets in the community or have small children."

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|