Police log 5/28

May 29, 2004

Man goes to hospital with gunshot woundThe Hagerstown Police Department reported that a man arrived at Washington County Hospital Friday night with a gunshot wound to the arm, police said.

Police still were at the hospital as of 10:45 p.m. No more information was available about the shooting.

Information sought in accident on I-81

Maryland State Police are looking for information about an accident Friday afternoon at the Interstate 81 ramp at Halfway Boulevard involving a dump truck that fled the scene.

Police said the accident happened at 3:45 p.m. at the end of the ramp from Halfway Boulevard to southbound I-81.

A 2001 Toyota Corolla and the dump truck collided as the dump truck merged into traffic just before the end of the ramp, police said.

The Corolla spun around in traffic on southbound I-81. The Corolla and a 1995 Ford Escort then collided, and both vehicles came to rest in the southbound lanes, police said.


Police described the dump truck as a gray or white older-model truck, possibly with a single axle. The driver is described as a 45- to 55-year-old white male, possibly with a gray beard or mustache.

Police ask that anyone with information call Sgt. Lowry at Maryland State Police's Hagerstown barrack at 301-739-2101.

Man charged with attempted murder

FREDERICK, Md. - A 29-year-old Frederick man was charged with attempted murder, rape, assault and other charges Friday morning after the victim called 911, the Frederick Police Department said.

Police charged Alfredo Cedillo Ramos of Prospect Boulevard with attempted first-degree murder, first-degree rape, first-degree sex offense, first-degree assault, second-degree assault and false imprisonment, police said.

Police arrived at a residence on Prospect Boulevard at 7:33 a.m. after receiving the 911 call. While there, an investigation determined that the victim was sexually assaulted, police allege.

The suspect was intoxicated and also had tried to drown the victim in a bathtub, police allege.

The victim was taken to Frederick Memorial Hospital for treatment.

Police still are investigating.

The Herald-Mail Articles