Shift 1 (midnight to 8 a.m.)
- Melissa L. Grimes, 25, and Kenneth W. Moore, 27, were each charged with second-degree assault in connection with an incident at 1064 Noland Drive.
- Jon W. Grimm was charged with disorderly conduct and failure to obey in the 200 block of W. Franklin St.
- A strong-arm robbery occurred in the first block of South Potomac Street. The assailant kicked, pushed and took a wallet from the victim. The assailant reportedly was wearing a bandana and a white Adidas sweat suit.
- A strong-arm robbery occurred at the Sheetz store on South Potomac Street. The assailant knocked a customer to the ground, took her purse and ran from the store. A handgun, later determined to be a toy, fell out of the man's pocket. The assailant was seen leaving in a green Dodge Neon with Virginia registration JGH3151.
- David M. Wachter, 33, was charged with driving under the influence charge stemming from four hit-and-run accidents on West Washington Street, Summer Street and Elgin Boulevard. A pedestrian was stuck in one of the crashes.
Shift 2 (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Five vehicles parked in the 400 block of Guilford Avenue were "keyed."
- An electric Scooter was found at 816 Lanvale St.
- A 1988 Chevrolet truck was rolled down the back hill of North Hagerstown High School. The truck struck a fence.
- A juvenile was charged after the window of a vehicle parked at 708 Pennsylvania Ave. was shot out with a BB gun.
- A cat was taken to Cumberland Valley Animal Hospital after gasoline was poured on it at 1045 Glenwood Drive
Shift 3 (4 p.m. to midnight)
A woman reported an attempt to abduct her at the intersection of Maryland Avenue and Wilson Boulevard. A man approached the victim with a small knife and said she would be raped or killed if she did not get into his car, she told police. She kicked the man and ran. The man was described as white, 5 feet, 7 inches tall, 160 pounds, in his 20s, with brown hair.
Shift 1 (midnight to 8 a.m.) QuietShift 2 (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- The rear window was smashed out of a Jeep parked at 551 Guilford Ave.
- A Maryland registration tag, 87N459, was stolen from a vehicle at 400 S. Cannon Ave.
- A rock was thrown through a rear window of a vehicle parked at the Venice Inn on Dual Highway.
Shift 3 (4 p.m. to midnight)
- n A 1988 white Ford Tempo with Pennsylvania registration PZA385H, was stolen from 151 N. Burhans Blvd.
- David L Hawbaker Jr. was charged with second-degree assault in connection with an incident at 346 S. Potomac St.
- The window of a vehicle parked at 931 W. Washington St. was shot out with a BB gun.
- A sawed-off shotgun was confiscated at 441 N. Potomac St. A man contacted police saying he wanted to turn it over to authorities.
Pa. man hurt in motorcycle crash
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. - A Shippensburg, Pa., man was flown to Hershey (Pa.) Medical Center Monday following a motorcycle crash one-half mile west of Franklin Farms Lane, Pennsylvania State Police said.
Police said Daryl Lee Alleman, 20, was transported by Life Lion helicopter after his 2003 Suzuki motorcycle crashed on westbound Walker Road at 5:30 p.m. Police said Alleman traveled off the right side of the road, down an embankment and was thrown from the motorcycle.
Police did not release any other information about Alleman's injuries.
A Hershey Medical Center spokeswoman said Alleman was in critical condition late Monday.
Robbery reported at Your Country Store
An armed robbery was reported at Your Country Store, 17035 Fairview Road, northwest of Hagerstown Monday night, the Washington County Sheriff's Department said.
Deputies said the robbery was reported at 10:06 p.m.
No other details were available late Monday.
Man says he was assaulted, robbed
FREDERICK, Md. - A man told police he was assaulted and robbed in the hallway of a residence at 1204 Aynsley Court on Sunday, the Frederick Police Department said.
The man said he was attacked by three men at about 1:14 a.m., police said.
The victim was treated at Frederick Memorial Hospital and later released, police said.