Light and a 15-year-old boy, also of Needmore, suffered non-life-threatening injuries and were able to free themselves from the vehicle, deputies said.
Light was transported by ambulance to Washington County Hospital, while the boy was flown to the same facility, deputies said.
Light was treated and released, a hospital spokeswoman said. Deputies did not release the condition of the boy.
Sandy Mile Road was shut down for nearly three hours, deputies said.
Man wanted on four warrants arrested
WILLIAMSPORT - A man wanted by authorities on four warrants was arrested Monday by Washington County Sheriff's Department deputies, the Hagerstown Police Department said.
Police said deputies arrested Frederick D. Fischer, 49, whose last known address was 15336 Falling Waters Road in Williamsport, about 4 p.m. Monday at a Williamsport business.
Police said Fischer was wanted on two arrest warrants and two bench warrants from Washington County Circuit Court.
Police said the bench warrants were issued on July 8, 2003, and July 14, 2003, after Fischer failed to appear for hearings in connection with burglary and theft charges.
Police said one arrest warrant, issued on July 14, 2003, charges Fischer with one count each of theft and theft scheme. Fischer is charged in a warrant issued Aug. 14, 2003, with two counts of providing a false statement to a police officer.
Stereo, copper piping among stolen items
The following thefts, which occurred during the weekend, were reported by the Hagers-town Police Department:
- A car stereo was stolen and damage was done to a vehicle parked at 240 S. Potomac St.
- Copper piping was taken during a break-in at the old Weis supermarket in the 1100 block of Maryland Avenue.
- A 1995 white Ford Contour, with Maryland registration GMB146, was stolen from 122 Manor Drive.
- Bicycles were stolen from 509 Indiana Ave. and 613 N. Mulberry St.
- A pocketbook was taken from Wal-Mart.
- Maryland registration plates were stolen from 315 W. Wilson Blvd. and 1131 Oak Hill Ave.
- An ornamental Cherry Blossom Tree was taken from a property at Jonathan and Church streets.
- A 2004 Suzuki GS500 motorcycle was taken from 1334 Potomac Ave.
Man injured in morning accident
A man was taken to Washington County Hospital with back injuries after an accident in front of D.M. Bowman Inc. on Governor Lane Boulevard reported at 6:54 a.m. Monday, according to Washington County Fire and Rescue Communications.
No further information was available.