Advertisement

Grease fire damages restaurant

January 12, 2004

MARTINSBURG, W.Va. - About $25,000 worth of smoke damage was caused to the Market House Grill restaurant Sunday when a grease fire broke out at about 10:30 a.m., said a Martinsburg Fire Department spokesman.

The fire started on a grill, said Capt. David Brining.

Although firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze quickly, there was smoke damage throughout the restaurant, Brining said.

It will cost about $25,000 to clean the restaurant and make possible other needed repairs such as painting, Brining said.

The Market House Grill is at the corner of Queen and Burke streets.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|