Advertisement

Substation breaker fails, transformers catch fire

January 04, 2004|by ANDREW SCHOTZ

SMITHSBURG - Fire crews were at Bikle Road Saturday night after a report of an explosion at a substation, a Washington County emergency dispatcher said.

About a dozen calls came shortly after 9 p.m., the dispatcher said.

Firefighters arrived to find some transformers on fire, he said.

Allegheny Power spokesman Allen Staggers said a circuit breaker at the substation failed and caught fire.

No customers lost service, Staggers said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|