Advertisement

Crumbs from the cracker barrel

December 31, 2003

As a youngster Lawrence Martin attended Halfway School, the present-day site of the Halfway Volunteer Fire Company. His daughter Vickie Layton recalls a story her father shared with her about his days at Halfway School. "A boy who, sent to the cloakroom as punishment, found some dried milkweed pods that had been brought in for a science project. Eventually, fuzzy white seeds were blown into the classroom, causing even more disruption!" The school was built in 1920 and closed in 1955.

From the Cracker Barrel

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|