Advertisement

Fire damages Ranson home

September 05, 2003

RANSON, W.Va. - Fire broke out in the kitchen of a two-story house on Preston Street Thursday afternoon, causing heat and smoke damage throughout the structure, a fire official said.

The fire, which broke out at about 2:20 p.m., was contained to the kitchen area, said Lt. Nelson Nichols of the Citizen Fire Co.

It was not clear Thursday afternoon what started the fire at 407 Preston St., Nichols said.

No one was home when the fire started, Nichols said.

The house is owned by Howard and Brenda Anderson, fire officials said.

Partly due to an ongoing problem in finding enough volunteer firefighters to respond to emergencies during the day, all five volunteer fire companies in the county were called to the blaze, Nichols said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|