Advertisement

Crumbs from the Cracker Barrel June 11

June 11, 2003

The village of Eakle's Mill south of Keedysville is considered one of the oldest towns in Washington County. Originally called Buena Vista, Eakle's Mill was settled in large part because of the limestone grist mill built there on the Little Antietam Creek. Around 1850 Martin Eakle purchased the mill, and Buena Vista eventually became known as Eakle's Mill.

- From the Cracker Barrel

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|