Advertisement

Crumbs from the Cracker Barrel

June 04, 2003

Four generations of the Taylor family lived in lockhouse 49 at Four Locks. The last of the lockkeepers was Samuel Taylor, who tended locks 47-50 from 1889 until 1924. His grandson, Fonrose Taylor Jr., was the last of the family to live in the brick structure, which is part of the Four Locks complex under the jurisdiction of the C&O Canal National Historical Park today.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|