Full trailer, tools reported stolen
Washington County Sheriff's Deputies responded to the following calls Monday and Tuesday:
- A 44-foot Great Dane trailer full of cargo, including air conditioners and weed cutters, was reported stolen Monday just before 10 a.m. from New England Motor Freight at 14557 Industry Drive near Hagerstown. No value for the items was available.
- A construction contractor on Monday reported tools valued at $3,600 missing from a house undergoing repairs in the 300 block of West Main Street in Sharpsburg.
- A white, 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 was reported stolen at about 5:15 a.m. Tuesday from the 11100 block of Lakeside Drive near Hagerstown.
- A $150 blue Nokia cell phone was reported stolen from a vehicle at 3 p.m. Monday on Robinwood Court.
- Maryland license plates KLN 935 were reported taken from a 1991 Ford Crown Victoria parked in the first block of East Church Street in Williamsport.
Police respond to damage, theft reports
Hagerstown City Police received the following calls Monday and Tuesday:
- Two tail lights were broken and two doors were scratched on a 1995 Chevrolet parked in the 100 block of North Locust Street between midnight and 8 a.m. Tuesday. No damage estimate was available.
- Police received a report Monday night of a purse stolen at Roccoco restaurant at 20 W. Washington St. No further information was available.
High-voltage breakers stolen in Pa. theft
SHIPPENSBURG, Pa. - Pennsylvania State Police suspect that the theft Sunday of two high-voltage breakers worth $28,000 involved someone with extensive electrical knowledge.
The theft from the Cumberland Valley Co-op Association, 908 Mount Rock Road in Southampton Township, occurred between 4 and 4:57 a.m., police said. The breakers were connected to the system at the time, police said.
Small plane skids off rain-soaked runway
FREDERICK, Md. - No one was hurt when a single-engine plane skidded off the rain-soaked runway at Frederick Municipal Airport on Tuesday, Frederick Police said.
A student pilot was landing the Citabria Adventure when the plane began to skid. An instructor took control and tried to correct the skid, sending the plane into the grass, police said.
Both wings, the propeller and landing gear were damaged, police said.
Man sought on assault charges
Police are asking for the public's help in finding a Hagerstown man wanted on charges of second-degree assault, child abuse and false imprisonment.
Von Lamar Walker, 24, is also known as Kenny Jones or "Smokey," police said.
He is 5 feet 10 inches tall with black hair and brown eyes. His last known address was 1115 Green Lane, police said.
The arrest warrant was issued May 26.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts may call Hagerstown City Police Criminal Investigation Division at 301-790-3700, extension 234, or Washington County Crime Solvers at 301-733-4141.
FREDERICK, Md. - The Frederick county Courthouse was evacuated for about an hour Tuesday after a fire alarm was tripped, the Frederick County Sheriff's Office said.
The 15-year-old boy was charged with destruction of property, police said.
He and two other juveniles were in a holding cell when they clogged the toilet with debris left over from their lunches, police said.
Shortly after, one of the boys used his shoe to break the sprinkler head in his cell, causing the fire alarm to go off, police alleged.