Advertisement

Three enter pleas in April robbery

May 29, 2003|By GREGORY T. SIMMONS

Three boys accused of robbing a wheelchair-bound man of $400 entered pleas of involvement in the crimes in Washington County juvenile court hearings Wednesday.

All three, who range in age from 14 to 15, pleaded involved, the adult equivalent of a guilty plea, to conspiracy to commit robbery.

Each boy also had been charged with one count each of armed robbery, use of a handgun while committing a felony, reckless endangerment and theft. As part of the plea agreement, prosecutors dropped those charges.

Washington County Circuit Judge Frederick C. Wright III, sitting in juvenile court, placed two boys on home detention while they await sentencing. The third was sent to the Alfred D. Noyes Detention Center in Rockville, Md., to await sentencing.

Advertisement

During a hearing Wednesday, Washington County Assistant State's Attorney Steve Kessell said police learned that on April 1, a 45-year-old man was in his home on The Terrace when three boys entered through a sliding glass door.

The boys were holding what looked like pistols, although Hagerstown City Police later determined the weapons were air guns, Kessell said.

- Gregory T. Simmons

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|