Advertisement

Crumbs from the Cracker Barrel

May 14, 2003

Four Locks School south of Clear Spring was known as School No. 8 in 1877. To local residents, the school was called Cedar Grove School. Teachers in the late 19th century were paid $240 annually and were required to teach grades one through eight. Subjects taught included geography, morals, writing, arithmetic, nature study and reading.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|