- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 envelopes (1 1/2 ounces each) taco seasoning
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, cubed
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
Additional ingredients for each casserole:
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar, Monterey Jack or combination of both)
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- Sour cream garnish, optional
In skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning; prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese; cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until melted. Transfer to a bowl. Chill for 1 hour.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Gently toss with butter. Fill each shell with 2 to 3 tablespoons meat mixture.
Place 12 shells in a greased 9-inch square baking dish. Cover and freeze up to 3 months.
To prepare remaining shells, spoon salsa into a greased 9-by-9-inch baking dish. Top with stuffed shells and taco sauce. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and chips. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through.