Advertisement

Firefighters battle house fire in Pa.

December 09, 2002

CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. - Firefighters were able to stop a blaze after it spread from a garage into a roof area in a house on Roosevelt Drive Saturday night, a fire official said.

The fire started about 6 p.m. when some deteriorating building materials around a chimney caught fire, said Dan Monn, chief of Franklin Fire Co. 1.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire after it spread from a garage into a roof space, Monn said.

The snowy conditions caused one firefighter to suffer a knee sprain, Monn said.

The house is in the 2900 block of Roosevelt Drive.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|