Advertisement

Small fire put out at hotel

December 02, 2002|by SCOTT BUTKI

HAGERSTOWN - A chair up against a hotel room heating unit caused a small fire at the Clarion Hotel and Conference Center Friday, Hagerstown Fire Department Battalion Chief Ron Horn said.

The 11:10 a.m. fire was contained to a single room, which was vacant, Horn said.

The room received water and smoke damage, Horn said. He estimated the amount of the damages at $1,500 to $2,000.

Smoke filled the entire hotel, formerly known as the Ramada Inn, Horn said.

Employees and guests of the Clarion Hotel were evacuated for at least 30 minutes, General Manager Jim Crumrine said.

The Hagerstown Fire Department did a great job putting out the fire, he said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|