Advertisement

Fire damages outbuilding

November 06, 2002|by ANDREA ROWLAND

BEAVER CREEK - A malfunctioning kerosene heater sparked a fire that destroyed the second floor of an outbuilding in Beaver Creek Tuesday evening, said Terry Stouffer, chief of the Mount Aetna Volunteer Fire Department.

More than 40 firefighters from Washington and Frederick counties responded to the blaze at 20668 Beaver Creek Road, which was at first believed to be a barn fire, Stouffer said.

It took firefighters about 15 minutes to extinguish the blaze, he said.

Damage to the building, which was used as a recreational area for residents of the adjacent house, was estimated at between $15,000 and $20,000, Stouffer said.

No one was injured in the fire, he said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|