Of jumpsuits and swiveled hips: Elvis fast facts
- Elvis' first song to hit the Billboard Pop Chart, "Heartbreak Hotel," went all the way to No. 1 in 1956. It was one of five songs to hit No. 1 that year.
- The King's last Billboard pop No. 1 was 1969's "Suspicious Minds."
- On the Billboard Country Singles Chart, 1955's "I Forgot to Remember to Forget"
- "Mystery Train" chugged all the way to No. 1. His last country chart No. 1, "Guitar Man," came in 1981.
- Despite receiving 14 Grammy Award nominations during his career, Elvis won only three times - all for gospel recordings.
- On the National Register of Historic Places, Graceland Mansion in Memphis, Tenn., attracts more than 600,000 people each year. Half of all visitors are 35 and younger.
- There are more than 625 active Elvis fan clubs around the world.