Electrical box emits smoke; wires burnt
The source of smoke at the Maugansville Feed Service Inc. on Village Mill Drive Thursday afternoon was traced to an electrical box, said Maugansville Deputy Fire Chief Bill Garrett.
The 4:30 p.m. call brought firefighters from Long Meadow, Greencastle and Western Enterprise to assist Maugansville.
An employee made the call after seeing smoke in the building.
"We searched to make sure there was no fire in the feed bins and there wasn't," Garrett said.
An electrician was called in and the problem was traced to an electrical box. Garrett said that when the box was opened, it was discovered that all the wires inside were burned.
No one was injured in the incident.
Two in accident flown to Cumberland Memorial
CLEAR SPRING - Two occupants of a van that rolled over on eastbound Interstate 70 Thursday afternoon were flown to Cumberland Memorial Hospital after complaining of back pain, Washington County Fire and Rescue dispatchers said.