Halfway Fire Co. responded to the blaze in the 11200 block and determined the fire was intentionally set in the truck. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
After interviewing witnesses, the juvenile was identified.
City man seriously injured in I-70 crash
A Hagerstown man suffered injuries, including two broken arms, in a single-vehicle accident midday Tuesday on Interstate 70 near Sharpsburg Pike, said Maryland State Police Trooper 1st Class Scott Bare.
Donald Richard Rudow was in critical condition Tuesday night at the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, a nursing supervisor said.
Rudow, 70, of 1810 Brightwood Drive, was eastbound on I-70 at 11:45 a.m. when witnesses said he began driving erratically.
The 1981 Chevrolet Monte Carlo crossed both lanes several times without warning, drove through a guardrail at the exit ramp, struck an embankment and vaulted over a gully, police said.
The car struck several trees in midair and came to rest on its top. Trapped in the car for 30 minutes, Rudow was freed by Halfway and Funkstown personnel and readied for a Maryland State Police medevac helicopter flight to Baltimore.
Driver uninjured after car lands in basin
WILLIAMSPORT - A Buick LeSabre found submerged in the Cushwa Basin on Monday morning by a Washington County Sheriff's deputy had earlier been driven by a man who escaped the vehicle unharmed, said Kathy Sholl, a spokesman for C&O National Park.
Sholl said Tuesday that the man was driving from West Virginia into Maryland when he took a wrong turn, blacked out and landed in the basin. He got out of the vehicle and made it to a telephone booth, where he phoned his wife, Sholl said.
Sheriff's Department Sgt. Mark Knight said divers located no one after the car was found between 9 and 9:30 a.m. Monday with only the antenna sticking out of the water.
Fishing rods, motor stolen from area home
The following incidents were reported to the Washington County Sheriff's Department this week:
- Five fishing rods, a tackle box and a five-horsepower outboard motor were taken from a home in the first block of South Main Street in Boonsboro Saturday.
The items were valued at $700.
- The door to a car parked at 17400 Appleblossom Court was damaged. It was reported Saturday, a deputy said.
- The glass front door to Pugh's Petcetera on Pennsylvania Avenue was shot out Saturday. It was valued at $500.
- The rear side window to a GMC Jimmy parked in the 16700 block of Virginia Avenue was damaged Sunday, police said.
The damages were estimated at $300.
- The tires to a 1993 Ford van were flattened and the door was damaged in the 11900 block of Sun Valley Drive Sunday, police said.
- A home in the 100 block of West Main Street in Sharpsburg was burglarized Monday, police said. A case of beer, hard liquor and a phone were taken. A window was damaged, police said. The damage and cost of the missing items was valued at $100.
- Three compact discs were taken from a 1993 Geo Metro parked in the 1300 block of Fairgreen Circle Monday evening, police said.
The compact discs were valued at $60. The thief also tried to remove the car stereo and caused about $100 in damage, police said.