Advertisement

Pa. man, 58, sentenced on sex charges

The Fayettevill, Pa. man was ordered to serve more than seven years in state prison

The Fayettevill, Pa. man was ordered to serve more than seven years in state prison

July 16, 2002|by STACEY DANZUSO

chambersburg@herald-mail.com

CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. - A 58-year-old Fayetteville, Pa., man who sexually abused a 10-year-old girl multiple times last year was sentenced to a minimum of 71/2 years in state prison last week.

David D. Neidigh, of 1245 Houser Road, was sentenced last Wednesday by Judge Carol Van Horn to 30 to 60 months in prison on each of three counts of indecent assault.

She ordered Neidigh to undergo any sex offender treatment deemed necessary, have no unsupervised contact with minors, have no contact with the victim, undergo mandatory DNA testing and register with police under the requirements of Megan's Law.

Advertisement

As part of a guilty plea agreement, Neidigh was not sentenced on one count of rape of a person younger than 13, six counts of aggravated indecent assault, four counts of indecent assault on a person younger than 13, and one count of corruption of minors, according to court records.

The alleged attacks occurred between May 12 and July 31 at various locations in Guilford, Greene and Quincy townships, police said.

The victim reported the abuse to Pennsylvania State Police on July 31, and said the incidents began when she went fishing with the man, according to the affidavit of probable cause.

After the fishing trip, they drove to a dirt road in the Caledonia area, where the man told the victim to take her pants off, the affidavit said.

The man proceeded to touch the girl inappropriately on this occasion and several others, including during another fishing trip behind the Scotland School for Veterans Children and while at the Quincy Fair last summer, the affidavit said.

The sexual assaults happened on at least seven occasions, including twice inside a shed at the man's home when they were playing hide and seek.

Neidigh has been free on $100,000 bail since August, according to court records.

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|