Advertisement

House fire blamed on air conditioner

July 06, 2002

AYR TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Four fire companies responded to a house fire on Back Run Road on Friday morning.

Randy Zeger, a firefighter and paramedic with the McConnellsburg Volunteer Fire Co., said the fire damaged the living room and the attic.

A woman who lived there was able to get out and call for help, Zeger said.

A malfunctioning air conditioner appeared to have triggered the fire, he said.

The fire call went out about 7:30 a.m. It took about 15 minutes to control the fire.

Three McConnellsburg firefighters were treated at the scene for heat exhaustion, Zeger said.

McConnellsburg firefighters were assisted by firefighters from Needmore, Hustontown and Mercersburg-Montgomery-Peters-Warren.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|