Officials with the Greater Alleghenies Region, American Red Cross Blood Services, have issued an urgent plea for area blood donors to help replenish blood supplies.
Donors of all blood types are needed, in particular those with Rh-negative blood types, which stands at less than a two-days' supply. Types O-negative and B-negative are also needed.
The following Red Cross bloodmobiles are open to the public:
- Today - Berryville Baptist Church in Berryville, Va., from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Friday - South Jefferson Elementary in Summit Point, W.Va., from 2 to 7 p.m.
- Friday - Tomahawk Elementary in Hedgesville, W.Va., from 2 to 7 p.m.
- Saturday - Blue Ridge Elementary School in Harpers Ferry, W.Va., from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday - Williamsport American Legion in Williamsport from 1 to 7 p.m.
To be eligible to give blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh at least 105 pounds and be in generally good health. Normally, individuals can give blood every 56 days.