Advertisement

Fire causes extensive damage to W.Va. home

January 16, 2002

Fire causes extensive damage to W.Va. home



HEDGESVILLE, W.Va. - A Tuesday morning house fire on Amethyst Lane in the Back Creek area may have started when a towel laying on top of a doll house caught fire, a fire official said.

Stephanie Donelson told firefighters that her children had placed a towel over the doll house, which had an electric light inside, said Brett Minnick, chief of the Hedgesville Volunteer Fire Co.

The 8:10 a.m. fire destroyed the top half of the two-story frame house at 186 Amethyst Lane and caused water damage to the first floor, Minnick said.

Donelson and her three children got out of the house safely, said Minnick.

Damage to the house was estimated to be at least $250,000, Minnick said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|