Advertisement

Electrical short might have caused house fire

February 17, 2001

Electrical short might have caused house fire



A fire started in a bedroom of a home at 24 Madison Avenue Saturday afternoon, according to the Hagerstown Fire Department.

Officials believe the fire started when an electrical short occurred in an appliance, said Batallion Chief Kingsley Poole.

The fire, reported at 5:28 p.m., was contained to the bedroom, although there was smoke damage throughout the home, Poole said.

Nancy Cromer, 85, one of five people who lived in the house, was taken to Washington County Hospital for a hypertension problem, Poole said.

Cromer was admitted to the hospital and was listed in fair condition Saturday night. The damage to the home was estimated at $5,000.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|