Sweet and Spicy 'Barbecued' Brisket
If you can find chipotle chunky salsa to use for the following brisket recipe, you will notice that the chipotle - dried, smoked jalapeo pepper - will give an extra dimension to the flavor of the finished dish.
- 5-pound trimmed beef brisket
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chipotle chunky salsa or plain, chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- sandwich or hamburger rolls
Season brisket with salt, pepper and garlic and place in 3-quart shallow baking dish. Mix salsa, brown sugar and Worcestershire, and spread over brisket. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Bake brisket, covered, for 4 1/2 to 5 hours or until tender. Slice or shred brisket and serve with juices on rolls.
- Recipe from Pace Foods