She attended grade school in Zurich, Switzerland; was a 1932 graduate of Hagerstown High School; and a 1940 graduate of Parson's School of Desing in New York City. She attended Peabody Institute of Music in Baltimore.
She was self-employed as an artist, architect and interior designer. She taught mechanical drawing, architectural rendering and mechanical perspective at Parson's School of Design. She taught art classes at Alice Paxton Studio in Omaha, Neb.
She was a member of Zion Evangelical and Reformed Church United Church of Christ.
She was a member of Fountain Head Country Club; Washington County Historical Society; Washington County Museum of Fine Arts; and Washington County SPCA; and was involved in many volunteer activities.
She designed the interior of the chapel at Boy's Town; and painted and decorated a straw elephant bag for Mrs. Richard Nixon in 1960.