Fudgy Chocolate Malt-Peppermint Pie
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
Freezing time: 8 hours
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 1-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1-ounce square semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate malt mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 pint peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy
Melt first three ingredients in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat; cool.
Beat chocolate mixture and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth. Add flour and next three ingredients, beating until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate.
Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool completely on wire rack.
Press center of crust down gently. Spread ice cream over crust. Cover and freeze for eight hours.