Advertisement

Police log 11/1

October 31, 2000

Police log 11/1



Kitchen fire causes $3,000 in damage


EMMITSBURG, Md. - An accidental kitchen fire in a Frederick County, Md., dormitory caused $3,000 in damage Tuesday, according to the Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal.

Investigators said when firefighters arrived at Mount St. Mary's College around 3:36 p.m., the automatic sprinkler system had activated and had contained the fire.

The fire was caused by combustibles left sitting on the stove while it was on.

Halloween quiet on city streets


Halloween mischief makers must have taken the night off Tuesday, according to Sgt. Kenneth Waslius of Hagerstown City Police.

He said the evening was quiet, with few reports of disturbances or holiday revelry.

Deputies from the Washington County Sheriff's Department said they had a quiet night Tuesday but had received reports of decorations stolen and pumpkins smashed last week.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|