Police log 10-6
Smoke detector alerts girl to fire in family's home
A smoke detector alerted a 12-year-old Hagerstown girl to a fire in her family's home Friday afternoon.
Jessica Stottlemyer had just arrived home from school when she heard the smoke alarm, Hagerstown Fire Marshal John Hersh said.
Firefighters arrived at 109 High St. shortly before 3 p.m. and found that curtains in a bedroom had caught fire after becoming tangled around a lamp that was left on by an open window, Hersh said.
Hersh said the fire did several thousand dollars worth of damage to the single-family frame home, which is owned by Jessica's parents, Donald and Ruth Ann French. The family has insurance, he said.
Front-end loader traps man's feet, injuring him
WILLIAMSPORT - A 24-year-old man was injured Friday morning when his feet became trapped in a front-end loader on a Williamsport area farm.