Advertisement

Man dies of job site injury

August 28, 2000

Man dies of job site injury



By KIMBERLY YAKOWSKI / Staff Writer


SHARPSBURG - A Sharpsburg man who died Sunday in a construction accident was electrocuted while building a house in Columbia, Md.

Jay Allan "Bird" Cline Jr., 27, of 216 E. Chapline St., was doing electrical work when the accident occurred, his wife, Ave Maria Cline, said Monday.

He died at Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring, Md. Sunday.

The Maryland State Occupational Safety and Health administration was investigating the accident, said Occupational Safety and Health administration spokeswoman Karen Napolitano.

Napolitano said she didn't have further details. There was no way of knowing how long the investigation would take, she said.

Advertisement

A devoted husband and father of two children, Cline enjoyed spending time with his sons Jay Allan Cline III and Troy Ervin Cline, his wife said.

"He was a loving and caring man," she said.

The couple had been married for four years and were together for 11 years, after being introduced by a family friend, she said.

"He was the kind of person that would give you the shirt off his back," she said.

Cline and his brother Carl Cline started their business, C& C Construction of Sharpsburg, about 2 1/2 years ago, she said.

Her husband was a NASCAR racing fan and loved the Dallas Cowboys, she said.

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|