- Check the pool rules to find out if swimmers can wear anything other than bathing suits. Some pools ban cut-offs and other nonswim attire. Avoid swimsuits that are too revealing.
- Dress babies in plastic pants or leak-proof diapers designed for swimming.
- Shower and use the bathroom before going into the pool.
- Keep young children within reach and supervise older children.
- Use empty chairs or "beach" spots only. Make sure someone has left before moving in to their spot.
- Reserve a pavilion if you plan to use one. If you haven't reserved a pavilion, check park rules regarding use policy. Some parks allow use without a reservation but require squatters to vacate the pavilion if someone with a reservation shows up.
- Leave the park or pool area as you found it. Clean off picnic tables after use and remove all trash. Take your trash with you or dispose of it in trash receptacles.