Advertisement

Blaze leaves family homeless

April 18, 2000

BOONSBORO - A couple and their two children were left homeless after a chimney fire spread to the walls of their home on Old Trolley Lane Monday evening, according to Captain Bob Miller of the Mount Aetna Volunteer Fire Department.

Miller said the blaze damaged the walls and ceiling of the living room at 21603 Old Trolley Lane when the flue came apart.

No one was injured in the blaze.

The home was rented by Andy Poulin and his family, who were at home went the fire broke out at 8 p.m., Miller said.

The one-story house had extensive smoke damage, making it not livable, he said.

Mount Aetna, Boonsboro, Funkstown, Halfway, Smithsburg and Myersville, Md. firefighters remained at the scene for more than two hours.

Miller said the American Red Cross was at the scene to lend support to the family.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|