Advertisement

Family left homeless by fire needs help

March 16, 2000

BIG POOL - Members of a family left homeless when a trash fire spread to their home Friday are in need of donations of any kind.

A savings account at Keystone Financial in Clear Spring has been set up in the name of Shirley Gordon, who lost everything in the fire, according to Debra Keller, a friend of Gordon's.

"All we have is what we had on the day of the fire," said Gordon.

Gordon, 62, was not at home when her house at 13201 Pectonville Road home caught fire, she said.

She lived in the home for more than 30 years, she said.

Her son, Dennis Reed, 42, was burning trash in a burn barrel near a shed, which caught fire. The fire spread to the house, which was about four feet from the shed.

No one was injured in the fire but Gordon's three cats perished, she said.

Advertisement

The fire caused an estimated $50,000 in damages, a fire marshal said.

Gordon expressed gratitude toward those who have given donations and helped out her family.

For more information or to contact Gordon call Keller at 301-842-2814.

- Kimberly Yakowski

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|