Advertisement

Fire at former Hagerstown YMCA ruled accidental

November 30, 1999

A fire June 21 at the Shiloh Conference and Retreat Center ? the former Hagerstown YMCA ? started in the second-floor sauna, but was ruled accidental, Hagerstown Fire Department Chief Gary Hawbaker said Friday. It appeared that the fire started in the motor of the sauna, but it was not clear whether improper wearing or a motor malfunction sparked the flames, he said. See Saturday's Herald-Mail for the full story.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|