Advertisement

House burns

November 30, 1999

HIGHFIELD ? A vacant house near Highfield burned down Sunday night in a fire that caused about $750,000 in damage, fire officials said.

The 10-room, two-story house at 14418 Water Company Road caught fire at about 7:30 p.m., said Smithsburg Volunteer Fire Co. Assistant Chief Chuck Johnson. By the time the first firefighters arrived, the house had begun to collapse and the heat and smoke were so widespread that there was nothing to do but allow the fire to burn itself out, Johnson said.

No one was injured, he said.

Read more in Monday's Herald-Mail newspaper.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|