Advertisement

Fire causes $3,000 in damages

September 09, 1999

House firephoto: RIC DUGAN / staff photographer




LEITERSBURG - A utility room in a house on Strite Road was damaged in a fire Thursday, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office.

A neighbor noticed smoke coming from 14440 Strite Road at 12:26 p.m., according to Fire Marshal's Office investigator Robert H. Hahn Sr. in a press release.

The two-story stucco home owned by Helen Louise Lewis was being renovated and was unoccupied, Hahn said.

The fire, which was contained to the home's utility room, caused about $3,000 in damages, he said.

Firefighters from Leitersburg, Smithsburg and Longmeadow were called to the fire. It took them about five minutes to knock it down, Hahn said.

Advertisement
The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|