Advertisement

Fire guts Boonsboro home

July 28, 1999

BOONSBORO - The Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal is investigating a fire that gutted a Netz Road home Tuesday evening.

Firefighters were called to 20179 Netz Road, after a neighbor reported seeing smoke and flames coming from the ranch home.

The First Hose Co. of Boonsboro arrived around 7:15 p.m., according to Captain Jay Brandenburg.

No one was home when the fire broke out, he said.

"When firefighters arrived at the scene, smoke was billowing out the windows. They had it knocked down in about five minutes," Brandenburg said.

Brandenburg did not know who owned the home and no one arrived home while firefighters were at the scene Monday evening.

Advertisement

The fire caused extensive damage to the home, and there was smoke and water damage, he said.

The home's metal door, burned by the fire and split in half by firefighters to gain access, lay in the middle of the lawn.

All of the house's front windows were smashed out and tattered curtains hung outside the windows.

No firefighters were injured fighting the blaze, said Brandenburg.

Fire investigator Jim Woods was on the scene Tuesday evening and said he would likely make a determination about the cause by today.

Firefighters from Middletown, Brunswick and Sharpsburg also were called to the fire.

- By Kimberly Yakowski

The Herald-Mail Articles
|
|
|